Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Artist painting


Artist Project
      The painting at the top is my original artwork. The bottom two are Emil Nolde's pieces. I used them as inspiration for coming up with my own original idea. I decided to paint a sun setting on a beach with the palm tree and island standing out a little. This artwork shows who I am because I love the beach and I think, along with sunsets, they are really beautiful. I also thought that the sunset would be a good choice since it takes a bunch of colors blended together to create the right color. I had never used acrylic paint before this project. It was always watercolors so I liked learning blending techniques and the different types of colors on the color wheel. I changed the idea I was going to do first to this. My plan was to paint skills with designs on them and add vibrant colors to them but I changed my mind when I was about to finish sketching it. The main reason was because I knew I didn't have enough time to complete it so I thought of something that would be less time consuming and I'm glad I did because I got a lot of compliments on it and I agree that it turned out really pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment